TV Host Braces for Second Lawsuit in a Week (2018)

The Higher Judicial Council on on Thursday 1st of february, asked the General Prosecutor to take a legal action against TV host Hicham Haddad over unplesant remarks he made earlier this week during his show, making it the second lawsuit to be filed against him in a week. The Council condemned the mocking remarks made by Haddad against General Prosecutor Samir Hammoud during the latest episode of his show Lahon w Bas. “We cannot be lenient towards this insult which encroaches on the judiciary’s authority and undermines its reputation and prestige,” read a statement issued by the Council. It also asked the National Council for Audiovisual Media to take the necessary measures to deal with the degrading level of said TV show.
“The Judiciary’s dignity, reputation and prestige are above anything else,” the statement stressed. “From now on, the Judiciary will not show leniency towards any insult, regardless of who is behind it.”For his part, Haddad said that the Judiciary is keeping a close eye on him while turning a blind eye to the sectarian bickering that the country is currently witnessing, wondering why they only see a comedian undermining the state’s prestige.
“It seems that more suppression is looming ahead,” he wrote on Twitter.

Censorship Information

Date Released 2018
Date Censored 2018
Official Censoring Entity The Higher Judicial Council
Censoring Reason Immoral
Action Taken Lawsuit