Harry Belafonte’s music is censored for his “Zionist tendencies”.
“Inch’Allah” is a famous song composed and sung by Salvatore Adamo in 1967. The lyrics were written by Adamo as a peace song with the Six Days War between Israel and the Arab States. Still the song was banned in virtually all Arab countries with what they perceived as pro-Israel sentiments in the song and the mentioning of Jerusalem as a Jewish city after it fell during the Arab Israeli War under Israeli control.
The following song titles were censored with a black marker on all 3 albums:
“Pure… France” Album:
– Mes Mains Sur Tes Hanches by Salvatore Adamo – CENSORED
– Inch Allah by Salvatore Adamo – CENSORED
“Pure… 50s” Album:
– Banana Boat (Day-O) by Harry Belafonte – CENSORED
– Island In The Sun by Harry Belafonte – CENSORED
“Pure… 60s” Album:
– Midnight Special by Harry Belafonte – CENSORED